As nowadays a lot of companies have their Smart Home solutions with Zigbee, we have decided to create the a Zigbee Rasperry Shield. Using POPP ZB-Shield (Zigbee) you can directly communicate with these devices, without their default gateway, so you can build your own tailored for your needs application.
POPP ZB-Shield (Zigbee) is designed specifically for Raspberry Pi (1,2,3,4). It is based on EFR32MG1 SiLabs chip, which is a 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee microcontroller.
POPP ZB-Shield (Zigbee) is preprogrammed with Network CoProcessor firmware and provides UART interface to Raspberry Pi to form and manage Zigbee network, as well as communicate with Zigbee devices easily.
- 2.4GHz globally recognised frequency
- Zigbee compatible microcontroller EFR32MG1 inside
- Size: 28×18 mm + 10mm RPi header
- Rx sensitivity: -99dBm
- Tx power: 13dBm
- Visual range communication: 200m
- UART interface with standard NCP commands from Silicon Labs
- Multiple plugins for openHAB, Home Assistant, Node-RED and other DYI platforms C, Node.js and Python libraries to build your own application
For a tutorial to see how to use the ZB-Shield with Home Assistant or other softwares please visit popp.eu/zb-shield .